Also popular by the name of Win2K3, Windows Server 2003 is a server operating system that was created by Microsoft, on twenty four April 2003. It is additional scalable and ensures to deliver a more effective performance in comparison with the predecessor of its, Windows 2000. In reality, since its introduction, a few more types are brought into the marketplace. The hottest you’re Windows server 2008, released on 4 February 2008.
With Microsoft Windows server 2003 attached to the computer of yours, you can find numerous benefits that can be availed:
• Aiming to increase the default security, Win2K3 disables many services by default and also has a built-in firewall.
• It offers Internet Information Services (IIS) v6.0, which is known to be a significantly improved version of IIS.
• There is a significant advancement in Message Queuing operation.
• The person himself can handle his server now. Win2K3 can bring the role management administrative tool which often allows an administrator to choose the functionality he desires the server should supply him with.
• With a radical enhancement in the Active directory, it is now possible to run a lot of instances of the directory server. Also the end user may now deactivate courses in the scheme.
• The Group policy handling system and administration policies have been improved with Win2K3.
• For the lost paperwork, Microsoft Windows server 2003 offers a backup process that helps restoring the same.
• It has an improved disk management, which makes it possible for to back up from shadows of files, means when they’re open or in use.
• Another first step of Microsoft Windows 2003 is the release of better scripting and command type tools, which allows to get a complete command shell to the next version of Windows.
• Last but not the least it supports a hardware based “watchdog timer”. When the system doesn’t respond with a certain period of time, at that time this timer restarts the server.
For several types of companies and other activities, Windows Server 2003 can be purchased in various editions. to be able to meet up with the targets of different sizes, you are able to opt among varying categories. Nevertheless, all these variants of Windows Server 2003 are capable of getting connected to the printers and sharing files with other systems. Additionally, it functions as an application server, horde email queues, have email services, act as an X.509 certification server, authenticate users, work streaming press, give LDAP directory services, and conduct other server-oriented functions.
An example of the latest and crucial services that are made available with the assembly of Microsoft Windows Server 2003 will be the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) which is also referred to as tar pitting feature. Without Win2K3, this particular function is disabled by default. It’s one of the best features, because it is placed to purposely create delays into specific SMTP communications that are associated with spam or other unwanted traffic. There are certain communications, that to become more beneficial, generates a large volume of legitimate visitors and this also could be slowed down by Tar pitting feature only.